In my forty-something years of life, I have learned some important lessons. Admittedly it has often taken disappointment, tears, heartache and a considerable amount of repeat episodes before I have put my pride in my pocket and learned the lesson.
So without further ado, here is my list of lessons, which I hope will be of some value to you ;-
- Most people are so busy living their own lives and dealing with their own stuff that they don’t even really notice when you are less than perfect.
- All good things take time.
- If something seems to good to be true, then it inevitably is!
- It’s ok to disagree!
- Disagreement doesn’t have to mean the end of a relationship or friendship; everyone is entitled to an opinion.
- There are some people in life that just won’t like you, or you just won’t like them and that’s just the way it is.
- Don’t waste your energy on small and ultimately inconsequential details, save your fight for the big important stuff.
- You will make mistakes, that’s ok, get up, carry on. Everyone makes mistakes.
- Time changes things and feelings and people and beliefs and opinions. Nothing remains static, don’t expect it to.
- People get tired of hearing about your problems, you need to tell them good things too.
- To love and be loved is the greatest feeling in the world.
- Cupcakes fix everything.
- And then of course there’s this ;-